Sunday, September 12, 2010

First Day of MDO


Griffin's first day of Mother's Day Out went off without a hitch. I must admit I got a little teary when I looked at him in the car on the way to school. Since when is my baby old enough to go to school? We went in and put his things away. Griffin remembered the room from Meet the Teacher day, opened the door, and ran in to play. I barely snagged a kiss, and I'm sure he had no idea I wasn't right behind him. My friend, Lluvia and I had a wonderful day of shopping, pedicures, and lunch at the Galleria and before we knew it, it was time to pick them up! When I went in to get him, he looked up at me and went right back to playing...hehehe! Here I worried all day that he was sad, scared, or wasn't going to understand where he was. The teacher said he had a great day and even went to sleep on his mat without any help! It made me so happy to know we made the right decision to put him in the program this year! I'm looking forward to having a break two days a week, as I can really use the time to get ready for our Baby Girl's arrival!

Back pack from Mimi and Pops and Nap Mat from Aunt Lauren and Uncle B
Made his favorite breakfast, cinnamon mini waffles and fruit
He LOVES his nap mat and anytime he sees it he wants me to unroll it and he pretends to go to sleep. So cute!
Ready to go Mom
Playing in his classroom after I went to pick him up
We went to get a treat after school! Who doesn't love frozen yogurt? This little man (and his prego momma) can't get enough!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I am so happy he had such an amazing day and so did you! :)Way to go Griffin!