Monday, March 25, 2013

I Scream, You Scream

On Griffin's birthday, when my parents were in town, we all headed to Brenham to tour the Bluebell Ice Cream Factory.  As I mentioned before, Griff is pretty obsessed with factories, and he loved every minute or the tour.  You couldn't take pictures inside the actual factory but it was pretty neat.  They showed the whole process for making their most popular flavors, popsicles, and ice cream sandwiches.  Ella loved that the workers down below were waving to her and giving her attention :).  At the end you got to choose a flavor for a free scoop of ice cream (my favorite part).  Not sure why, but it seemed so much better than the Bluebell you get at the store.  After the tour we went to the tiny Brenham airport where I had heard they had a cute little 50's diner.  The food was delicious and they had a juke box and waitresses in poodle skirts.  I didn't get any pictures of it, but I highly recommend a stop there if you visit the factory.  I think it was the perfect way to spend a special little boy's fourth birthday!

 They loved wearing their hats!
Cranking the old ice cream machine


 Mimi and Pops teaching Griff all about the history of Bluebell




How cute are these two?  They were the only kids on the tour and did great!  Griffin listened so intently and the lady talked A LOT!


No comments: