Monday, January 24, 2011

Showered with Love




A couple of weekends ago we were blessed to have a shower for Ella. It was so wonderful to be surrounded by family and close friends, and as I looked around I kept thinking how blessed Ella is to already have so many people in her life who love her! It really got me excited for this baby girl! There wasn't a fire truck, bug, or train in sight (not that I don't LOVE having a boy)!!! It was all about sweet, pink, frilly things! Ella's Aunt Lauren hosted the shower at her house and everything was just perfect. Aunt Leslie made the most adorable sweet treats (cupcakes, cake balls, dipped pretzels, and mini cakes). Aunt Mel flew in from Midland for the day and she even had a sick baby at home. Gigi and Mimi were there to spoil up their first grand daughter with SO many wonderful things! I was truly overwhelmed by all the gifts, decorations, food, and loved ones! Thanks to everyone who came and made this beautiful day one to remember...we love you all and can't wait for Ella Kay to meet you!

Cupcakes by Aunt LeLe...she really should go into business!

Ella's Aunties
Gigi, me, and Lauren
Mimi and Me...the baby carriage on the table was mine when I was a little girl. I pushed my cat around for hours in that thing and I thought it was the perfect centerpiece!
This is the stocking Great Grandma Bop made for Ella! She makes them for the whole family so it was super special to see Ella join in the tradition. It's absolutely beautiful!!!

Here's a couple pics of the clothesline the hostesses spoiled Ella with! They all have boys so I think they had just as much fun shopping for PINK!


2 comments:

David and Robin Engelson said...

Looks wonderful!! Can't wait to hear about little Ella's arrival. Rest up these last few days...having two can be exhausting:) Wonderful....but exhausting:)

Michelle said...

Thank you for letting me be a part of your special day. Ella is already one very loved baby! :)