Saturday, August 8, 2009

My Little Sweet Potato! (and Butternut Squash)

After eating eight ounce bottles and still being hungry, we decided it was time to start solids! We tried cereal a while back but Griff didn't seem too interested. I made a batch of sweet potato and butternut squash baby food. It was super easy and it made a ton! I froze it in ice cube trays and then transferred it to freezer bags. We started with sweet potato for four days and then tried butternut squash. He is loving this new food and makes quite a mess. When I use to see other people's pictures of their kids eating, I couldn't quite understand how they got SO messy. Now I completely get it! Just one of those things you can't imagine until your a mom. It's been fun trying out the new foods and watching Griffin learn something new!

Just chop...

Steam...

Blend...and Freeze

Here's that spoon thing again...

Yummy!

1 comment:

The Winter Family said...

So cute! I am impressed with the baby food making...Griffin is such a doll!! I love seeing updates!