Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Mountain Baby


We just got back from a wonderful week in Rico, Colorado! I was 7 months old when I went here for my first summer, and now Griffin is carrying on the tradition. He had a lot of firsts this trip including, the Hot Springs in Durango, hot dog roast in Dunton Meadows, hiking along the river, gumming on a corn cob, playing Yahtzee, dinner out in Telluride, eating a raspberry Popsicle, and his first fish fry to name a few. It was a fun filled week and it made me so happy and thankful to see Griffin surrounded by people who love him so much. Everyone was such a huge help, and we had the best time!


Group Shot minus a few...


Family Photo in Dunton Meadows


Griffin and his Pop


On a hike

Jeep Commercial


Helping Mommy and Mimi make raspberry fried pies! Yummy!

Gumming on a corn cob! He LOVED it!

Mimi let me have some of her raspberry Popsicle and it beats a corn cob any day!

Jason carved Griffin's name in an Aspen tree right outside our cabin. We also marked his height and we'll add on every year. It's an Austin family tradition.

3 comments:

The Vicari's said...

Looks like a great trip. I am jealous that y'all are wearing fleeces! Griffin is adorable, as usual. I am sure he loved that popsicle!

The Rhoads said...

OH How I miss you RICO!!!!! Those are the MOST precious pics!!!! What great memories! Love and miss you all so much!

Nana (Deb Stevenson) said...

I got the low down from MiMi and she shared all of your fun times together! What a great place to continue the Austin tradition! Miss you all!