Sunday, March 1, 2009

Baby Update

First Bath-- WAAAA!!!
Sleeping with Daddy

Headed Home

Precious Face



We came home from the hospital on Wednesday of last week, and boy was it good to be home. Griffin has been the most perfect baby. Sure he's a newborn, and we're sleep deprived and our brains are like jelly, but we are enjoying every moment of it! This past weekend Jason's sister Lauren got married and we were so thrilled to make the wedding. It was absolutely beautiful and Lauren and Brandon were the picture of perfect love. Griffin spent his first night in the hotel, and MiMi, my mom, was the perfect baby sitter. Hopefully things are going to settle down a little and we'll get a better sense of normal baby life. We feel overwhelmed with the blessing of our precious son and couldn't love anything more. Jason continues to be the perfect daddy, involved in every way. Looking at him with our son makes my heart burst with love for them both. Thanks to everyone for all the love and support over the past few days. Sorry for not returning phone calls or sending more pics, but we are just beginning to get our heads above water. :) Griffin has his first appointment with the pediatrician tomorrow and pictures on Wednesday!

6 comments:

Lisa and Ryan said...

He is absolutely precious!! And you look wonderful in the "going home" pic!! Have fun with your new baby!

lisaburgess27 said...

I'm so glad to hear that you are home and doing well. He is a beautiful baby and it looks like ya'll are adjusting well. I can't wait to meet him!!!!

Leslieaustin said...

It was so nice to meet my sweet nephew this weekend, however I'm not sure I got enough time to cuddle with the little guy. I just love him. It's so awesome to see you guys as parents, I knew you would be terriffic at it. I love you guys and I am so happy for you. Give Griffy kisses from his favorite "redheaded" auntie.

Walsh Zoo said...

Allie - you look so wonderful after having a baby!!! I want your secret for the baby I'm having in August. And Griffin is just so precious! I want to hold him next time I see him :) You guys are going to be such great parents.

Allison said...

I can't wait to come and visit in a couple of weeks!! What a cute little boy!!

Nana (Deb Stevenson) said...

Thanks for updating the photos! I'm glad you are enjoying parenthood. There was no doubt that you and Jason would make wonderful parents. Griffin is blessed. Keep us posted on dr's appointments and continue to update those precious pictures. Love to all!